Meet the PTA
Who are the Friends of Sheet School (FOSS)?
All parents/guardians/carers of current pupils are members of FOSS! We are a charity (registered charity number 1109672) dedicated to raising money to enrich our childrens’ experience at school. We pay or part-fund things our children love such as Forest School, school trips, the annual trip to the pantomine, laptops, musical instruments, educational resources and lots besides.
This year we would also like to start fundraising to replace the climbing frame which is now about 15 years old. We’ll need to raise an additional £15k or so for this, so any fundraising suggestions, donations or offers will be gratefully received. Sponsored run anyone??
The charity is run by a small Committee of:
- Chair - Tamar Hetherington
- Treasurer – Shaun Lindfield
We also have a network of FOSS Class reps for each year group:
- Year R - Kirsty Lindfield
- Year 1 - Sophie Tregaskes
- Year 2 – Sarah Troy
- Year 3 - Rebecca Murphy
- Year 4 - Fran Griffiths
- Year 5 - Alice Cox
- Year 6 - Elaine Hobson
We still have vacancies for Secretary and Vice Chair and would welcome anyone who would like to join us. We tend to have two meetings a term online or in the pub!
Events this year
- Our fantastic community Fireworks evening. This has already taken place this year, raising a whopping £6,454. Thank you again to our sponsors: Jacob and Hunt estate agents, Sue Johnson interiors, Sequoia tree services and Liphook Tree surgeons
- Our fabulous Christmas raffle with mulled wine and mince pies
- The famous FOSS Quiz and pudding auction (probably the most fun you’ll have in the early spring!)
- The memorable and messy Colour run
- A spectacular summer event (watch this space!)
In addition to our fabulous events, there are lots of ways in which you can support FOSS:
- Nearly new uniform sales – run by the lovely Kat Gradidge on Classlist
- Regular donations – you can provide a regular (eg monthly) or one-off donation to FOSS directly via our bank account. Please ask Tamar, Shaun or your class rep for the bank details. If you do this, please could you also consider completing a Gift Aid declaration so that we can claim back the tax, which is an additional 25% of your donation without you having to do anything extra.
- The Local Veg Box People will donate 10% to FOSS if you order online and put the code SHEET in the PTA box. (https://thelocalvegboxpeople.uk)
- My Name Tags: order name tags online for your childrens’ clothes through this website by going to www.MyNametags.com and using School ID 31479 at the checkout page. FOSS will get 24% of the cost of each order.
- Ice cream sales (summer term) – run by the fantastic Rebecca Murphy
- Easyfundraising This website partners with over 8,000 online brands who will give FOSS money when you shop with them through the easyfundraising website or app. Getting started with easyfundraising is easy; it’s free to register and will take less than two minutes to sign up. Once registered, whenever you shop online, visit the easyfundraising website or app first; before visiting your favourite brand, and Friends of Sheet School (FOSS) will benefit! Help make a difference, sign up now: www.easyfundraising.org.uk
There are many to contact us and to keep in touch with the latest FOSS news:
- Contact Tamar or Shaun directly – we are both often at pick up. Come and say hello!
- Through your class reps
- Through Classlist (please ask your class reps or the school office for a link to join)
- Through our facebook group Friends of Sheet School (FOSS) | Facebook
Every year we aim to raise about £13,000 which we then use the following year to enrich our childrens’ experience at school. As an example, in 2022/2023 this is where FOSS donations/fundraising went: